Sunday, February 13, 2011

Where Nobody Knows Your Name

We took a trip to our old stomping grounds this week--Portland, Oregon. I've definitely missed the landscape and the family and friends we have here. It's nice to be surrounded by the familiar.

But it's also nice to go out to the store or go out to eat and be completely anonymous. Nobody knows you, nobody looks twice at you, nobody comments about watching you walk down the street earlier in the day (note to self: do not scratch your butt when walking down a street in Bickleton, you are most likely being watched).

I'm not a hugely social person, so it's nice to go out and not have to make conversation with every person I pass. My husband on the other hand is one of the friendliest people I know and he loves the fact that you talk to everyone you see and wave to every car driving by in the tiny town of Bickleton.

No comments:

Post a Comment