Friday, February 4, 2011

Coyotes

We have only seen one coyote since we moved here, but we’ve heard of and heard many more.

A few weeks ago our neighbor invited us to bring our daughter up to see their kittens. She adores cats so we took him up on the offer and got to see the cute little kittens (well, cute until they started attacking my leg). They were living in a sort of mud room between the garage and the house. Our neighbor said that they are going on a trip in February and when they get back the two sweet little kitties will be neutered and put out in the barn. (Cats earn their keep around here by keeping down the mice.) And then he said that he just hoped the coyotes wouldn’t get them.

*****

Last week my daughter started turning on the baby monitor that was hanging over her crib, which made it hard to hear her crying on the other side of the hall, especially when we’re sleeping. So we moved the monitor out of her reach so we would always be sure to hear her crying in the night.

Last night as we were trying to go to sleep, I thought I heard crying in the distance, but I couldn’t hear it on the monitor. I finally jumped up to check on my daughter when my husband figured out what we were hearing: coyotes.

No comments:

Post a Comment