Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Welcome to Bickleton

There was a knock on the door today. Two women from a lady's society in Bickleton brought us a welcome basket. They bring one to everyone who moves into town. Have you ever gotten a welcome basket from your town? Neither have I. It's one of the amazing things about this place.



My favorite thing in the welcome basket was this glass bluebird. I saw them at the local market and wanted to get one while we live here. Lucky me, I got one as a welcome gift.


My second favorite thing in the basket is this recipe book: Food for the Flock. It's a collection of recipes from locals to commemorate Bickleton's First Presbyterian Church's Centennial. After glancing through it, I'm amazed at what these people think of to do with pretzels and jello, and sometimes both. I'm honestly not sure if I'll ever try one of the recipes, but they're a fascinating look into the people and the culture.


No comments:

Post a Comment